Health, fitness and Food
‘I had an abortion – but I’m STILL pregnant three months later’
‘I had an abortion – but I’m STILL pregnant three months later’: Teenager, 19, discovers pills failed to work after feeling ‘movements’ in her stomach
- Shannon Skinner had an abortion when she was eight weeks pregnant
- She already had a four-month-old baby and she and partner Anthony were ‘having problems’ so thought it was not the right time for a second child
- She continued to have morning sickness and to feel movements
- Was told by doctors that it was just after effects of the abortion
- Eventually, a pregnancy test came back positive and she was told she was five months pregnant – the couple have now decided to keep the baby
- The baby does not appear to have been harmed by the abortion drugs
When teenage mother Shannon Skinner fell pregnant for a second time, she agonised before deciding to have an abortion.
But three months later, while still grieving for her unborn child, she was astonished to be told she was still pregnant.
Now Miss Skinner, 19, says she is delighted to be five months pregnant and is looking forward to the birth of her second daughter in early May.
She went for a medical abortion at eight weeks because she thought it was too soon to have a second child – she and her partner Anthony Hunt already have Lacie, now nine months old.
Miss Skinner, from Bristol, went to a Marie Stopes clinic for the procedure, which involves taking two separate doses of drugs.
But unknown to her and the clinic, the procedure failed – a rare occurrence.