‘I’m in menopause’: Angelina Jolie reveals she has had her ovaries removed over cancer scare, as photos show loving Brad by her side before she underwent procedure
- Jolie, 39, wrote opinion piece in New York Times about her health crisis
- Star revealed she’s in menopause after having her ovaries and Fallopian tubes removed last week and will not be able to have more children
- A blood test had raised fears that she was in the early stages of cancer
- Mother-of-six revealed she and Brad went through an agonizing five day wait before she was given the all-clear
- Scare prompted her to undergo surgery last week, days after loving Brad was pictured kissing and comforting her in public
Two years after Angelina Jolie had a double mastectomy to prevent the onset of breast cancer, the actress has revealed that she has since had her ovaries removed due to a second health scare.
The 39-year-old Maleficent star published a lengthy opinion piece, titled Angelina Jolie Pitt: Diary Of A Surgery in the New York Times on Monday explaining her decision.
Her revelation comes as Brad Pitt was seen comforting his wife at Shiloh and Zahara’s soccer match. It’s now clear the couple’s affection came during Angelina’s agonizing wait to establish whether she had cancer – a fear which ultimately prompted her to have surgery.
With her ovaries and Fallopian tubes now gone, the mother-of-six has entered early menopause and will not be able to have any more children, she writes in her candid, deeply personal essay.