Community, Diaspora and Immigration
International Women’s Day 2014 Bridging the gap for African Women Access to Jobs Kampala, March 6, 2014
On 6 March 2014, Business Executives and women business owners will come together with experts from the business world, civil society, technocrats and legislators at the Uganda Manufacturers’ Association conference Hall Lugogo Kampala to contribute to Post 2015 development agenda dialogue.
In particular the meeting will explore the reasons why the International Labour Organisation has called on the international community to make the creation of jobs in the post 2015 agenda a priority and more importantly the role of African women in job creation.The meeting will also explore the availability of jobs for young women as well as the business case for employing women. The meeting will also explore the availability of jobs for young women and whether young African women possess the right skills that the job market requires
Participants will share practical experiences and deepen their understanding of the contribution that women make to the continent’s development, the challenges women face in the job market, what can be done to bridge the gaps and what is needed to bridge those gaps.
The panelists at the event will comprise accomplished names in Uganda’s business environment including:
- Dr Maggie Kigozi- Director, Crown Beverages
- Olive ZaitunKigongo- President Uganda Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- SamalieNamirembe- Human Resources Manager Nile Breweries
- Hope Kabirisi – Managing Director, Perfect Roses Farm Ltd
- Grace Nanyonga of Pedum Fish and Alumna of Obama’s Young Africa Leaders Initiative,
- Memory Bandari- Founder -Global Girl Child
- Ruth Bahika- Founder Grace Villa
- RehmahKasule – Founder and President CEDA International
- Eva NagawaMukasa – Minsiter of Finance- Buganda Kingdom
- EshterAmpumuza- President DynaPharm Africa and Emmark Group of Companies
The event is sponsored by Business Fights Poverty, SabMiller/Nile Breweries and is part of a collaborative effort by Africa on The Blog and Ugandan business networks to rally business energy and expertise around issues of gender and development.
To register for this event please visit:
Freda Palm: Freda@ethnicsupplies.co.uk
Ida Horner :email@example.com Tel:+44 7780703869