News and Views
Joel Adesina, 15, died in East London, after being knifed in the stomach.
Boy, 15, stabbed to death in late night row is named: Talented footballer described as a ‘wonderful young lad’
- Joel Adesina, 15, collapsed on Friday night after being knifed in stomach
- ‘Ambitious’ and ‘hard-working’ teenager died in hospital three hours later
- Incident happened in Bethnal Green, East London following late-night row
- Manager of team said Joel was talented enough to play professionally
- An 18-year-old man was arrested but then released with no further action
A schoolboy who was stabbed to death during a late-night row has been named as a talented footballer.
Joel Adesina, 15, collapsed in Bethnal Green, in East London, on Friday night after being knifed in the stomach. He was taken to hospital but died three hours later.
His mother was last night being comforted by family members who were said to be in shock.
Joel’s neighbours in Dagenham described him as an ambitious schoolboy who came from a hard-working family.
They said he never stayed out late and would be seen coming home in his football kit.
The manager of Joel’s football team said the winger was ‘as good as gold’ and talented enough to play professionally.
Ricky Downes, the manager of Bardag FC Yellows, said: ‘To say that myself and the club are devastated is an understatement, we are absolutely in bits.
‘Joel was a wonderful young lad who had the world at his feet.
‘He was a very talented footballer and had ambitions of playing professionally. I think he had a future in the sport and could have played for a living.