Mother who is facing death penalty for marrying a Christian was forced to give birth with her legs shackled in Sudanese jail
- Meriam Ibrahim's legs were chained as she gave birth in Sudanese jail
- The 27-year-old gave birth five days early after months shackled to floor
- Father, U.S. citizen Daniel Wani, pictured with hours-old girl in barbaric jail in Khartoum
- He was initially refused entry to jail but was eventually allowed in with lawyer
- Doctor was sentenced to death for converting from Islam to Christianity after marrying, Daniel, a Christian who lives in New Hampshire
- She will never see him grow up as she refuses to renounce Christianity
- Lawyer told MailOnline: 'The family are taking time to enjoy the birth before they fight injustice'
A Sudanese woman sentenced to death for marrying a Christian was forced to give birth with her legs chained, it has been revealed today.
Meriam Ibrahim was shackled as her baby daughter was born in jail in Sudan where she is awaiting execution for marrying a Christian U.S. citizen.
Amid the joy of seeing his child for the first time, her husband Daniel Wani has spoken of his anger at the treatment she received during labour.