News and Views
Ousted Ukrainian president Yanukovych is seriously ill in hospital after suffering a heart attack, claim Russian press
- Russian newspaper claims Viktor Yanukovych is in ‘grave’ condition
- Vladimir Putin dismissed report earlier this week Yanukovych had died
- Speaker of Russia’s upper house of parliament today said there will be no war between Russia an the Ukraine
- She also said Crimea’s parliament has the right to hold a referendum on the region’s future status
- French foreign minister has said second round of sanctions against Russia could follow if first do not succeed
Deposed president of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych is in a Moscow hospital after suffering a suspected heart attack, it was reported in Russia today.
His condition was said to be ‘grave’, Moskovsky Komsomolets newspaper, known as MK, has claimed, citing unofficial sources.
Vladimir Putin dismissed a report earlier this week that Yanukovych had died from a heart attack in the Russian city of Rostov-on-Don.