News and Views
Real Opportunities Back Home for African Diaspora Professionals SOUTH AFRICA | NIGERIA | GHANA | KENYA | UGANDA
Over a decade ago, Nelson Mandela stood on the balcony of the SA embassy in London’s Trafalgar Square and looked over a sea of South African faces. “I love you all so much”, he said, “I want to put you in my pocket and take you home.” And so the idea for Homecoming Revolution was born.
Homecoming Revolution, established in South Africa in 2003, encourages Africans to return home by showcasing careers, property, schools, relocation services, diaspora products, investments & entrepreneurial opportunities.
Says Angel Jones, CEO and Founder of Homecoming Revolution, “Sub-Saharan Africa is taking off, requiring strong leadership, top skills and job creation. Returning Africans bring home not only a superb range of international expertise, global relationships and local knowledge, but a strong sense of purpose and willingness to give back too – it’s a very powerful combination”.
The LONDON EXPO will feature:
EXHIBITORS:Featuring Barclays Africa, Standard Bank Group, KPMG Africa, Africa Health Placements, American Tower, Aperture Group, Bain & Company, The Boston Consulting Group, Bridge International, Chicken Republic, CIMA, Diageo, Deloitte, Ecobank, Food Concepts, The Foschini Group, Gordon Institute of Business Science, Group Five, Gumboots Foundation, Intergate Immigration, Parsons Brinckerhoff, Thoughtworks, White & Co, 88 Agents and many more.
High-profile guest speakers who will share their own “homecoming journey” plus update, inform, educate and inspire the diaspora on various issues relating to African business, economics, politics, and future scenarios.
WORKSHOPS Careers, Relocation, Investments, Property & Entrepreneurship
CASE STUDIES Inspirational video content and story-telling of returnee case studies
Testimonials from previous exhibitors at London events:
- “Overall, this event was very successful and we are definitely keen to be involved again. We met several candidates of high caliber” – SABMiller
- “Homecoming Revolution has proved to be very cost-effective and quick. We’ve placed 11 candidates over 2 events.” – The Foschini Group
- “We’ve definitely pulled the crowds with the relevant experience to us. The advertising has been a thumb’s up for the Homecoming Revolution.” – Microsoft
Testimonials from previous attendees:
- “What a great event! I thought that your speakers were excellent; the topics discussed were interesting and relevant. The information relayed was positive and has further cemented my plans for returning home”
- “We went to your event in London and my husband has accepted a job offer in Cape Town at one of the companies who were there. We know SA has its problems, but we are so looking forward to being with family and friends again.”
- “Excellent idea! We collated so much useful info and now can’t wait to get our toes back on African soil”.
To book tickets please visit http://homecomingrevolution.com/attendees/
Homecoming Revolution is the one-stop platform that showcases opportunities in Africa for African Diaspora Professionals. Originally established in South Africa as an NGO in 2003, Homecoming Revolution is now a commercial entity and has a footprint in the UK, USA, South Africa, Nigeria, Ghana, Uganda and Kenya. Activities include global expos, local networking events, e-marketing activities and tailored talent search.
1 million unique website visitors
SA Brain Drain Retention Ranking improved from 80th – 47th
23 700 active database
30 international events
Face-to-face contact with over 15 000 Africans abroad
Over 50 blue-chip client relationships
96% of exhibitors said it was effective platform to find skills
92% would exhibit again
Collaborations with Hilary Clinton Diaspora Foundation and World Bank Group
Mention by former President Thabo Mbeki in State of the Nation Address 2005
Partnerships & Affiliations include:
Afford, African Leadership Academy, Africa The Good News, African Leadership Network, Brand South Africa, Business Council for Africa, Cambridge & Oxford African Alumni and MBA’s, CANUK, Diaspora Innovation Institute, East African Chamber of Commerce, First National Bank, Go-Getters,
Homestrings, International Organisation for Migration, KISUA, Lead SA, London Business School African Alumni, LSE Africa, mba-connect, MIT African Alumni, Move Back to Nigeria, mSurvey, Network for Diaspora Professionals, Nigerian Diaspora Direct Investment Summit (NDDIS), Property Investor Africa, QSR Consult, Raizcorp, Reconnect Africa, Rich Management, Royal Africa Society, Silk Solutions, Star 100 Ghanaian Professionals, The South African, Wharton Africa Business Forum, World Bank Africa Society
ANGEL JONES, CEO & FOUNDER Homecoming Revolution (and a homecomer herself)
Angel@homecomingrevolution.com | +27 83 276 3084