I’m sick, and tired, of listening to certain politicians, and public officials, articulate a message, seeming to equate, economic/ financial needs, with true, sane, necessary, public health priorities! Although, many are suffering, from the adverse, economic impacts, of closing the economy, and the prolonged period since this has occurred/ lapsed, if, our public officials, instead of behaving as politicians, finally, followed their duty, to serve and represent their constituents, and guaranteed, a much – needed, safety – net, this could be addressed, effectively, and with genuine empathy. Unfortunately, many of these people, have, neither done, that, nor, focused, properly, on the true HEALTH dangers, needs, and priorities! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why, it’s so important, now, more than ever.
1. Human; humane; healthy: If people are healthy, how can things, ever, go back, to some semblance of normal? Too many elected officials, seem, to lack, any humane feelings/ considerations, etc, and, often, appear to forget about, many basic human needs, and requirements, etc!
2. Empathy; emphasis; efforts; excellence: Don’t we deserve, to be served and represented, by leaders, with genuine empathy, and, who place their primary emphasis, and efforts, towards making us healthier, happier, and more fulfilled? Instead of accepting the same – old, same – old, approaches, etc, don’t we need, a commitment to thinking, outside – the – box, and proceeding forward, with well – considered, plans and ideas, emphasizing excellence, and quality?
3. Attitude; aptitude; attention; articulate; actions: If leaders, proceeded, with a positive, can – do, attitude, and the aptitude/ skill – set, needed, to make a difference, for the better, our chance, to be healthy, would be enhanced, significantly! Shouldn’t they pay keen attention to priorities, and service, and articulate a message, which unifies, instead of divides? Instead of empty promises, and rhetoric, look closely at their actions, and whether, their plans, consider ramifications, and sustainability!
4. Listening; learning; leadership: Demand, leaders, proceed forward, with effective listening, and learning, from every experience, and conversation, and clearly demonstrate, the quality of their leadership, based on, their willingness to realize, they didn’t have all the answers, and put together, an inner – circle, of quality professionals, experts, and advisers!
5. Time – tested; true/ trust; timely: If constituents trust the integrity of a leader, they are far more willing, to follow – his – lead, in times of crisis/ concern! Since, President Trump, has not demonstrated, this model, nor, seemed to plan effectively, and proceed, with time – tested, timely action, he fails to bring us, together, for the greater good!
6. Healing; housing: We have learned, those living in the poorest levels of housing, etc, have been most infected, by this pandemic. We need a better system, which emphasizes, healing those wounds, which divide us!
Struggling financially is an awful feeling, but, with responsible government leadership, and planning, can be, eventually, rectified! On the other hand, the health – related ramifications of this pandemic, for some, will never be able to be addressed, and/ or, reversed!
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands, conducted personal development seminars, and worked on political campaigns, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. Website: http://plan2lead.net and LIKE the Facebook page for common sense: http://facebook.com/commonsense4all
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Richard_Brody/492539